St. Patrick's Bazaar will be held this Thursday, September 24th outdoors at the church. The sale will start at 5:00 pm.
Face masks are now required at mass, with some exceptions. On July 22, 2020, Gov. Tim Walz issued executive order 20-81, which mandates the use of face coverings in all indoor spaces, including churches. Please note: liturgical ministers such as priest celebrants, cantors, and lectors are exempt and are not required to have face coverings when lecturing, singing, or celebrating Mass.
THE LATEST COVID-19 UPDATES FOR OUR PARISHES:
- The bulletin is still being printed and put into the sleeves by the doors and extras on the entry table. Feel free to grab one so you can enjoy the articles on the back side.
- There is a maximum of 50% capacity to sign up for weekend masses. The sign up sheets for the following weeks are in the binder in the entry.
GUIDELINES FOR MASS AT ST. PATRICK'S AND HOLY ROSARY:
- We may now have 50% capacity. If you are in a large, family group, you should attempt to occupy the same pew. If you are sharing a pew with someone who does not live in your household, please keep 6 feet between you.
- Congregants will only be occupying every third pew in the church. The others will be blocked off.
- There will be collection baskets set up in the entryway. Please place your collection in them before or after mass.
- Everyone is to receive the body of Christ in the hand, there will be no precious blood, and Father will be the only person distributing the eucharist.
- When you are going forward for the eucharist, please observe a distance of at least 6 feet from the person or group ahead of you. There will be tape marks on the floor as a guide/reminder.
- The center aisle is only for traveling from the back to the front of the church and the side aisles are for travel the opposite direction. This is especially important during entrance and exit.
- Parishioners are encouraged to share peace with each other in a way that does not involve contact.
- If you plan on going to confession, please wear a mask while in the confessional and stay behind the screen (no face to face). Please also wipe down the kneeler before exiting and the doorknob to the confessional. There are wipes in the confessional for this purpose. Father will also be wearing a mask in the confessional.
- If you are unable to attend the mass of your choice because it is full, please consider attending another day. It would be nice to see everyone again.
- Doors should have hand sanitizer near entrances and doors to the church and outside will be open at this time to eliminate touching door handles
- Choir only if social distancing
- If you are sick with fever runny nose or a temperature please stay home and you will be dispensed by the Bishop and Priest.
- Clorox wipes will be up at the podium to take care of the microphone and stands.
- No Holy water in the dispenser
- Father will consume any extra hosts that left over from communion
While these rules seem stringent and it is unfortunate that we need to conduct mass in this way, at least we are able to gather once again in the presence of God and each other!